Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If Jesus died for ALL the sins of mankind, everyone would be saved?

This week I received a question by email that was very challenging. Here, in his own words are the comments made by John from Wisconsin.
-------------------
Greetings Pastor. As always, you make things easy to understand without the mumbo jumbo.

I would love to visit your church. If I'm ever in the area, I'm stopping by. Having said that, I doubt that will ever happen.

I have a good Christian brother who I've known from high school. He lives in Texas. He was down here over the summer and we got together. He told me he's turned Calvinistic, and takes all the 5 views. We got to talking and he made some good points. Bottom line is we still are good brothers, but disagree. He made the EXACT same quote that Sproul said. He said if Jesus died for ALL the sins of mankind, everyone would be saved. All I said is what I told you regarding that just because Jesus died, man still has to accept or reject what Jesus did. Man has a choice/free will.

Yes, I don't doubt Mr. Sproul is an intelligent man. I also don't doubt his love for Christ or salvation. I wouldn't have a problem getting into a discussion with him. Note I said discussion, not debate or argument. Although as of this moment he could probably talk circles around me. But hey, so what! He's just a human being like you and I. Who cares if he holds a PH.D or masters in whatever. Don't be intimated. It's kind of like David & Goliath you know? God will give us the words, as well as the knowledge to go against anything, if that's what He desires.

No comments: