Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What Happened to God? (Part 2)

Dear Kelly,

You asked, “What happened to God?”

I have asked that question, more than once. Where is He? Why does He let the bad stuff happen? Why does He seem so far away?

God is here, with us. I think you know that, but it may seem that He is not with us the way we are told by other people. He is not with us even in the way we want Him to be with us. But He is with us.

That can make us uncomfortable because we are sure how to talk to Him, or even if we ever really knew Him, or He us. You wondered if God even cared even though He knows your name.

What happened is that we get lost. Sometimes it's the fog of self absorption, and addiction. Other times we are lost in depression. Whatever it is, when the thing we are fighting, like alcohol, seems bigger than God, it’s because we are standing so close to it that we can’t see anything else. God is still there and bigger than the demons you fight.

I have no quick answer for you but I do have an answer. It always comes down to your relationship with Christ and learning to tap into the power of the Holy Spirit. I have shown many people how to do this, but there is no religious formula, just an exploration and development of an intimacy with the Lord.

If you have time, I can help you begin the journey back, free from the chains of addiction, and with a new reason to live, now and forever.

The enemy of your soul does not want you to be free so you are going to have to fight back and make the hard choices. He is there. He is ready to help, and is helping you find your way to those who can help you. You are close, so don't quit now.

I have several people in my congregation who can tell you how God set them free from what you know and worst. I would love for you to meet them and hear their stories.

So here’s hoping we will meet…until then my prayers are still with you.

Pastor John

No comments: